1. Good Photos Make A Big Difference*
Properties listed using photos taken with digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras sell faster and for more money than those taken with amateur point & shoot cameras:
- Sellers in the $400,000 to almost $500,000 range earned an average of $11,200 more with DSLR camera photos.
- In the $400,000 range, DSLR photographed properties sold, on average, 21 days faster than point & shoot ones.
2. What do the January real estate statistics tell us?**
- It is still a Buyer’s Market
- The market is showing early signs of shifting to a more balanced market with the number of active listings reducing and the number of sales increasing.
3. What are we finding?
- This time of year, when there is less competition, (fewer listings) is proving rewarding for sellers. In January, we sold 75% our listings above full price.
- This is a great market for those considering moving up to a larger home or a better area. Interest rates are still low (& forecast to rise), selection is good (& is getting better each month now) and prices are down (so you may sell for less but buy for less also)
- This is also a good market for investors looking for a well-located buy in good condition while low mortgage rates are allowing better returns. Some properties are providing positive cash flow with the added potential of capital appreciation.
*Study by Redfin
**Victoria Real Estate Board MLS statistics